- This event has passed.
Virtual Garden Party FUN-raiser!
June 1st, 2020 - June 30th, 2020
July 30, 2020 – THANK YOU!
The Garden Party has inspired a total of $30,110 in donations for our hospice gardens and for programs.
Thank you to all our hospice and garden party friends for giving so generously to help the hospice and its gardens. While we missed sampling little sandwiches, lovely scones and the sweet sounds of an orchestra playing in the beautiful surroundings of a colorful garden, we did enjoy gathering virtually with everyone for the month of June. The shared photos and recipes were wonderful and we look forward meeting everyone in the future in the garden.
At this point we have added plantings between the bedroom patios, purchased patio furniture and set up hoses for watering. Our next project will be to clean up the wooded area behind the hospice to create a pleasant view from each bedroom. We will post pictures as the work continues.
We were thrilled to receive a special gift of $10,000 during the Garden Party campaign from Joe Rafih, well known member of our Valley community and a second gift of $10,000 from a private donor. All the gifts from the Garden Party will go along way to support the hospice gardens and programs.
Pictured in their own garden: Joe and Rauda Rafih, Wolfville, NS
Virtual Garden Party FUN-raiser! June 2020
The COVID 19 pandemic has brought about new ways of doing things so, to get around the challenges that it presents, we are hosting a traditional garden party in an unusual way.
To raise the funds required to continue working on the grounds, patios, and gardens we are throwing a “virtual garden party”. This online event will run from June 1st-30th.
During the month we will share garden photos, garden party recipes you might want to try, hints you can use in your own garden, flower arranging ideas and there will be draws for garden-related goodies.
Scroll down for more updates!
Ways to participate in our Virtual Garden Party:
- Make a donation to support the gardens at the hospice using the form or by mail: Valley Hospice Foundation, 23 Earnscliffe Avenue, Wolfville, NS B4P 1X4
- Purchase a gift certificate from your favorite local nursery. We will provide you with a charitable tax receipt and you will have helped out a local business. Leave the certificate at the nursery and simply give us a call to let us know it is there. 902.679.3471.
- Join us on June 10, 2020 at 7 pm for the Valley Hospice Foundation AGM via Zoom. We will take you on a virtual tour of the new Hospice. You must register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Join our Facebook Garden Party Group here We want to hear from you and we hope you will share photos of your garden and your garden wisdom or E-mail a photo of your garden.
June 15. 2020
It has really been a great couple weeks raising $6798 already! ($2700 in Gift Certificates, $4098 donations and a Paperbark Maple value $200) THANK YOU!
We completed the plantings between the patios and the furniture arrived. Next we will add some colorful planters.
These women hosted a plant sale on Bishop Avenue and raised $782.95!
New beginnings as we witnessed our first bloom in the gardens at the Hospice.
Thank you for all your wonderful photos being posting on our page: Join Facebook Group Keep up the good work.
June 5, 2020
We’re so excited to give you an update to our Virtual Garden Party FUN-raiser.
After just one week we have raised $3900 to help the gardens at the Hospice! This includes donated gift certificates to local nurseries in the amount of $2000. We love that you’ve chosen to support us and our community this way. Also in the mix is a beautiful Paperbark Maple from The Briar Patch Garden Centre. Thank you!
ENTER TO WIN! Draws will take place June 15 and June 30th.
You owe it to yourself to seek out and try some of the many ciders produced in our Valley. For our Garden Party we’re leaning towards Earl Blue from Annapolis Cider Company or Blueberry Ginger from Maritime Express Cider Co Ltd but we want to know your favorites too.
We know that not everyone is able to join us on Facebook to enter our contests, but you can still get in on a chance to win.
- E-mail us and enter in the comments your favorite cider produced in the Annapolis Valley and to get the party started we will enter you into a draw for a hand tied seasonal flower bouquet from A Beautiful Wild delivered weekly to Stirling Farm Market – Greenwich
Our Garden Party Facebook Group has over 100 members and they are sharing all kinds of ideas and garden tips. So much fun. Here’s just a few examples:
Check out these links that have been shared for tips and recipes:
How to use your lilacs in bouquets:
Taking Care of your Hanging Baskets:
Our Goal is to raise $8000 in the month of June!
The funds will be used to:
- Complete the landscaping around the hospice
- Plant “living walls” between the residents’ patios to create privacy
- Create a walkway in the woods behind the hospice
- Purchase benches, planters, and a barbeque
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow – Audrey Hepburn
Here’s a look towards the back patio of the hospice. Ideas started early in the spring as we kept our distance while looking over the possibilities for the gardens and patios.
A little walk can help when loss feels heavy.
Each bedroom and the “quiet” room has a view into a wooded area behind the hospice.
Our vision is to clean up this area and create paths with benches and to add plantings suited to the natural beauty of the space.