Job Posting Research Support Officer
Valley Hospice Foundation is currently seeking to hire a Research Support Officer
This is an eight week position commencing in mid- August to mid-October/35 hours per week
We are a Foundation that raises money to support the Valley Hospice and palliative care in the Annapolis Valley. We wish to develop a business or social enterprise to support us in raising these funds. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who has an understanding of the business climate in the Valley and has skills in market research.
- To conduct research into the gaps and opportunities which would support the successful development of a new business
- To review options that align with the values of Valley Hospice Foundation
- To choose an option (or two) that can be primarily or exclusively run by volunteers
- To create a preliminary business plan for the best option(s)
- To present your findings in a report and a presentation to the Board of Directors
Skills and Qualifications:
- A diploma or degree in business or related subject area
- Proven ability to conduct community-based research
- Proven skills in compiling literature reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in all aspects Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- A willingness to become a subject matter expert in Social Enterprise
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Who can apply?
Because this is a funded by the federal government as a student position we may only hire those between the ages of 18-30.
Pay for this position is 14.50 per hour for 35 hours per week/8 week term.
How to Apply?
Send resume by email to: Dale.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact by phone: 902.679.3471
We’re hiring (1)