Job Posting: Fund Development Assistant
Valley Hospice Foundation is accepting resumes until May 30 for a short term Fund Development Assistant to start mid-June.
The Valley Hospice Foundation raises money to support the Valley Hospice and palliative care in the Annapolis Valley. We have a number of fundraising initiatives that need support over the summer and in addition we wish to develop a business or social enterprise to support us in raising fund. The ideal candidate for this position would have some familiarity with the Annapolis Valley, have research skills , is willing to assist with activities associated with current fundraising initiatives and is self-motivated.
- To assist the Hospice Foundation Coordinator with summer fundraising projects
- To develop potential sponsorship prospects for fundraising events
- To conduct research into the gaps and opportunities which would support the successful development of a new business/social enterprise
- To review options that align with the values of Valley Hospice Foundation
- To create a preliminary plan for the best option(s)
Skills and Qualifications:
- A diploma or degree in business or related subject area ( or studying to complete the same)
- Proven ability to conduct research
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in all aspects Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- A willingness to become a subject matter expert in Social Enterprise
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Please note that this is a twelve-week position, and you would need to be available to work 35 hours per week from mid-June. Your work will largely be completed off-site, but you must be available to attend regular meetings in the Kentville area. Because this position is a funded in part by the federal government as a “youth” position, we may only hire persons between the ages of 18-30.
Pay for this position is 15.00 per hour.
Resumes are accepted by email: email@example.com until May 30, 2022.